Hawaii Lifeguard Training
Mobile to Your Group
You host and we teach: Mobile On-Site Lifeguard Training Classes–Hawai’i statewide to your pool. $224-244 per person complete. 6+ students preferred, 4 minimum but at a higher rate.
Our Hawai’i Mobile On-Site Lifeguard courses provide training opportunities in the entire state. Based on Kaua’i, we fly to each island on demand.
This lifeguard certification course is at your chosen pool location, even a backyard home pool if we also have a 25-yard pool nearby to test in. The only requirements are that your host pool be comfortably heated (85 degrees+ preferred, 82 minimum), and have a 7 foot or greater deep end. Email us pictures of your suggested pool to be safe.
This course is intended for good swimmers (easiest if you are at a Swim Team/Water Polo Team level, and avid swimmers). On the next page, review the swim competency pre-test if you are unsure.
Red Cross certifications are given for each student passing all curriculum points in Lifeguard Training, CPR-Pro, AED and Lifeguard First Aid.
This is a 2-day intensive course in blended-learning format (online homework, classroom, and in pool skills), usually arranged on one full weekend, but weekdays are ok too. Most groups opt for a weekend. The training is intended for good swimmers, you have to swim WELL as patron’s lives are in your hands!
There is a billing minimum for the group’s private classes based on the same price for up to 6 students total of $1,344-$1,464. If you have a group of less than our minimum 6, and want to proceed with less than 6, it’s ok, we must still charge our minimum base price based on 6 and divide it between participants. At least 4 warm bodies needed to do the skills. Another option if you have less than 6, is to agree to host a few kids from our walk-on list to at least make your minimum. The walk-on students have always been good guests of any host we’ve had.
Cost per student is $189-209 tuition and materials + $35 Red Cross online text, and certification fee-total: $224-244. Range depends on travel needs/location.
The benefits of booking us for a private class over a Park and Rec class?
- You choose the dates and times that work for your group, not on someone else’s schedule
- It’s YOUR group, at YOUR location
- Class size is limited, better quality and done quicker.
- Your staff instructors are top notch pros.
- If you have to reschedule, you can.
- Our effort is to the individual, not to move the group on and let a few fail.
- We’ve been doing LGT’s 25+ years. We know how to make it fun and effective.
Course Pre-test ability checkoff:
- Student minimum age is 15 by final day of class.
- Swim 300 yards (12 lengths of a 25-yard pool) demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing without stopping, not timed.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- A timed weight-retrieval drill (the Brick) where you swim 20 yards, do a surface dive to a 10-pound weight in 7-10 feet deep water, surface and swim on your back with the object 20 yards, exit the water without using a ladder or steps. The time limit is 1 minute and 40 seconds. This is an easy time interval for the normal swimmer.
Our fee is payable by credit card (prior to class)–see link at the bottom of the next page to pay your group’s deposit. We offer our lowest price guarantee for any private lifeguard class booking. We’ve been doing this training 25 years and have a passion and a track record of making the highest quality privately trained guards in the industry.
Lifeguard Instructor Staff, Hawaii Office
Living on Kaua’i island, Hawai’i most of the year, and traveling to Australia, Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay, and Houston regularly to lead Lifeguard Courses and CPR training, Jenn has been the director of Happy Swimmers for over 25 years. It is a passion to assist in the empowerment of children learning how to swim in a medium once considered a fearful, uncertain place, magically turned into a supportive, fun environment to be explored with friends. The same goes for lifeguarding and training new lifeguards–there is no greater inner joy either in saving someone’s life as a lifeguard, or teaching others how to perform lifesaving skills. It is an honor for me to watch my students grow–where once there was doubt or panic, now there is strength and confidence.
Thank you for looking to become a Happy Swimmer!
–Jenn Tyler, owner, and founder