Having safety equipment near your pool area can prevent accidents to a large extent and offer assistance in dealing with emergencies.
Some pool safety devices like pool depth markers, fence, pool noodles, ropes and pool safety signs can offer a safe swimming experience and drastically reduce the number of accidents.
For older children, an adult should be paying constant attention and free from distractions. Talking on the phone, socializing, tending household chores, or drinking alcohol should be put aside and the supervising adult must know how to swim.
General Pool Rules
If you have a swimming pool at your home, insist that the following rules are always followed:
- Keep toys away from the pool when the pool is not in use.
- Empty blow-up pools after each use.
- No tricycles or other riding toys at poolside.
- No electrical appliances near the pool.
- No diving in a pool that is not deep enough.
- No running on the pool deck.