Adult Swim Lessons

Although most swim lessons given are with children, there is definitely a calling for swim lessons for the adult learner. Happy Swimmers has staff who have high levels of experience working with adults, whether it be your very first swim lessons- Yay! or a desire to smooth out your swimming strokes. Over the 20+ years of our adult swim lessons, our clients have ranged in age from their 20’s to in their 80’s!


Differences in Teaching Styles for Kids and Adults

What is the difference in teaching styles between an adult swimming student and a child swimming student? With adults, it’s usually 80% overcoming the fear of water, specifically water deeper than standing. The other 20% is learning the strokes and basic floating. With kids it’s usually the reverse (80% method, 20% overcoming fears). We understand this teaching difference, compassionately, and will be there for you, with no surprises. A bonus: Adults don’t usually need as many swim lessons to learn once the worry is transformed. How many lessons? Start out with 4-6, and take it from there. You’ll know what feels right.

How We Work

One comforting thing to know about the way we work, is that we set you up so that you will keep the same swim instructor for all the lessons you choose, and you may request a male or female if it’s more comfortable to you. This ensures continuity and consistency in your learning process.

As for length of sessions, we suggest taking either 40 min or 60 min per adult lesson, and this can be modified after the first lesson or two to whatever feels best to you. We keep our timing flexible to suit your needs.

We applaud you for stepping forward as an adult to learn to swim, improve your strokes, and feel confident and fear-free in the water!

Happy Swimming,
Jenn Tyler, Owner

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
– Lao Tzu (unbeknownst to him, setting the feeling tone for the first Happy Swimmers.)

And a short video where the Millennial Generation is asked “What age is old, and what does it look like?” and how their views radically change meeting Seniors in an active lifestyle (YOU!!)…enjoy:


Manually click the next dot at the bottom of the quote to advance another testimonial.

Click here to read even more testimonials

0488 849 955