Austin and San Antonio Metros Lifeguard Training
including San Antonio metro, mobile to the whole region.
Austin and San Antonio, Texas area Lifeguard Training Classes. Form your own group, $224 complete per person.
Our greater Austin Metro on-site Lifeguard Training serves all prospective lifeguard candidates with personalized training appointments arranged around your schedule.
This lifeguard certification course is at your chosen pool location, even a back yard home pool. The only requirements are that it be comfortably heated (85 degrees+ preferred), and have a 7 foot or greater deep end. Email us pictures of your suggested pool to be safe.
This course is intended for good swimmers (easiest if you are at a Swim Team/Water Polo Team level, and avid swimmers). On the next page, review the swim competency pre-test if you are unsure.
Red Cross certifications are given for each Austin student passing all curriculum points in Lifeguard Training, CPR-Pro, AED and Lifeguard First Aid.
This is a 2 day intensive course, usually arranged on one full weekend, or on two consecutive Saturdays or two consecutive Sundays. These days are just our most common, yet you are free to arrange weekdays as well. Most groups though opt for weekend. As the training is intended for strong swimmers in the 2 day format, if students are not so strong, we can offer a 2 1/2 day format at a more moderate pace. But know, to be a lifeguard, you have to swim WELL!
There is billing minimum for the group’s private classes based on the same price for up to 6 students total of $1,344. If you have a group of less than our minimum 6, and want to proceed with less than 6, it’s ok, we must still charge our minimum base price based on 6 and divide it between participants. At least 4 warm bodies needed to do the skills. Another option if you have less than 6, is to agree to host a few kids from our walk-on list to at least make your minimum. The walk-on students have always been good guests of any host we’ve had.
Costper student is $189 tuition and materials + $35 Red Cross online text, and certification fee-total: $224.
The benefits of booking us for a private class over a Park and Rec class?
- You choose the dates and times that work for your group, not on someone else’s schedule
- It’s YOUR group, at YOUR location
- Class size is limited, better quality and done quicker.
- Your staff instructors are top notch pros.
- If you have to reschedule, you can.
- Our effort is to the individual, not to move the group on and let a few fail.
- We’ve been doing LGT’s 20+ years. We know how to make it fun and effective.
Our fee is payable by check (at class) or credit card (prior to class). For credit card payments, see link at the bottom of the next page.We offer our lowest price guarantee for any private class booking. If you find a lower price, by an insured Red Cross authorized company doing a private class, we’ll match it or beat it.We’ve been doing this training 20 years and have a passion and a track record of making the highest quality privately trained guards in the industry.
Course Pre-test ability checkoff:
- Student minimum age is 15 by the final day of class.
- Swim 300 yards (12 lengths of a 25-yard pool) demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing without stopping, not timed.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- A timed weight-retrieval drill (the Brick) where you swim 20 yards, do a surface dive to a 10-pound weight in 7-10 feet deep water, surface and swim on your back with the object 20 yards, exit the water without using a ladder or steps. The time limit is 1 minute and 40 seconds. This is an easy time interval for the normal swimmer.
Swim Instructor Bio:
Teaching swim lesson skills has been a 10-year adventure. I enjoy knowing that the lessons I teach will help someone improve their quality of life as well as maybe even save their life one day. I have taught around 3,500 student swim lessons and it continues to be as fun now as when I first started teaching.
Lifeguard Instructor bio:
I am a lifeguard instructor and lifeguard instructor trainer. I have trained and certified around 800 lifeguards and 10 lifeguard instructors. I have been teaching lifeguarding classes for 10 years. I teach water front lifeguarding and water park lifeguarding.
General areas I serve include: Austin, San Antonio, Pflugerville, Cedar Park, and San Marcos
Advanced Certifications: Water Front Lifeguard, Lifeguard Instructor, Lifeguard Instructor Trainer, Water Safety Instructor and Water Safety Instructor Trainer and Certified Pool Operator