Dallas (DFW) Metroplex Lifeguard Training
Our DFW Metroplex On-Site Lifeguard Training serves all of the greater DFW area, with personalized training appointments for your schedule. $324 per student, complete.
This lifeguard certification course is at your chosen pool location, even a back yard home pool. The only requirements are that it be comfortably heated (85 degrees+ preferred), and have a 7 foot or greater deep end. Email us pictures of your suggested pool to be safe.
This course is intended for good swimmers (easiest if you are at a Swim Team/Water Polo Team level, and avid swimmers). On the next page, review theswim competencypre-test if you are unsure.
Red Cross certificationsare given for each student passing all curriculum points in Lifeguard Training, CPR-Pro, AED and Lifeguard First Aid.
This isa 2 day intensive course, usually arranged on one full weekend, or on two consecutive Saturdays or two consecutive Sundays. These days are just our most common, yet you are free to arrange weekdays as well. Most groups though opt for weekend. As the training is intended for strong swimmers in the 2 day format, if students are not so strong, we can offer a 2 1/2 day format at a more moderate pace. But know, to be a lifeguard, you have to swim WELL!
There is abillingminimum for the group’s private classes based on the same price for up to 6 students total of $1,944. If you have a group of less than our minimum 6, and want to proceed with less than 6, it’s ok, we must still charge our minimum base price based on 6 and divide it between participants. At least 4 warm bodies needed to do the skills. Another option if you have less than 6, is to agree to host a few kids from our walk-on list to at least make your minimum. The walk-on students have always been good guests of any host we’ve had.
Costper student is $289 tuition and materials + $35 Red Cross online text, and certification fee-total: $324.
The benefits of booking us for a private class over a Park and Rec class?
- You choose the dates and times that work for your group, not on someone else’s schedule
- It’s YOUR group, at YOUR location
- Class size is limited, better quality and done quicker.
- Your staff instructors are top notch pros.
- If you have to reschedule, you can.
- Our effort is to the individual, not to move the group on and let a few fail.
- We’ve been doing LGT’s 20+ years. We know how to make it fun and effective.
Course Pre-test ability checkoff:
- Student minimum age is 15 by final day of class.
- Swim 300 yards (12 lengths of a 25 yard pool) demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing without stopping, not timed.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- A timed weight-retrieval drill (the Brick) where you swim 20 yards, do a surface dive to a 10-pound weight in 7-10 feet deep water, surface and swim on your back with the object 20 yards, exit the water without using a ladder or steps. The time limit is 1 minute and 40 seconds. This is an easy time interval for the normal swimmer.
Our fee is payable by check (at class) or credit card (prior to class). For credit card payments, see link at the bottom of the next page.We offer our lowest price guarantee for any private class booking. If you find a lower price, by an insured Red Cross authorized company doing a private class, we’ll match it or beat it.We’ve been doing this training 20 years and have a passion and a track record of making the highest quality privately trained guards in the industry.
5 years experience! General areas served: Grapevine, Colleyville, Southlake, Dallas (Willing to do any DFW jobs)
Hey guys my name is Drew and I’m currently studying genetics at the University of Georgia. I’ve been a lifeguard for 5 years now! I lifeguarded at Pleasant Glade Pool in Grapevine, TX for 4 years and last summer I worked for Happy Swimmers USA in addition to shadowing doctors and taking summer classes. I love lifeguarding events because it’s rewarding to know that I’m providing a safe and fun family environment for our clients. In lifeguarding I believe that it’s extremely important to be alert and take care of minor issues before they ever become serious.
Drew is also a Lifeguard Instructor in the DFW area.
I have lifeguarded at an aquatic center for one year and have absolutely enjoyed it. I intend to lifeguard because I love children and am happy to ensure their safety.
I serve the Dallas-Fort Worth communities of Dallas, Plano, Arlington, Irving, among others